1. download and install the app
2. activate the Universal Copy accessibility service (Settings> Accessibility)
3. go to the app (Facebook, Twitter, Youtube or any app) you want to copy text from
4. Open your notification drawer and click on "Activate Universal Copy mode"
5. the text zones you will be able to copy from appear in light blue.
6. tap the text you want to copy, it will highlight in blue
7. Click on Copy and you're done!
If no text is detected on phase 5, you can switch from normal to OCR mode (available in Universal Copy Plus). The OCR Mode allows you to copy text from apps where the Normal Mode does not work (thanks to a character recognition technology - OCR).
In-app content: Universal Copy Plus
The Universal Copy Plus subscription allows you to show us your support and unlock the OCR Mode.
The OCR Mode allows you to copy text from apps where the Normal Mode does not work (thanks to a character recognition technology - OCR).
The OCR Mode currently only works with Latin characters.
The subscription is available monthly or yearly (20% discount).
Note for Samsung users:
On Samsung Galaxy devices (SG 5 and later), check to see if you have App Battery Optimizer in Samsung Smart Manager app enabled. Please disable this as it is known to disable Universal Copy Accessibility Service: go to Android Settings> General> Battery> look under App Optimization and select Details. Then find Universal Copy and turn it off.
Do not hesitate to rate the app and write a review if you like Universal Copy. Download