Listen to app reading aloud web pages, PDF, DOC, TXT, EPUB and FB2 files, more.
TXT, PDF, DOC, DOCX, RTF, OpenOffice documens, EPUB, MOBI, PRC, AZW and FB2 ebooks and more. It's an HTML reader, document reader and ebook reader all in one, both for reading on-screen, or listening when your eyes hurt, malfunction or are busy elsewhere. ADHD? Read the User Comment below.
"I just wanted to express my thanks for your wonderful app. I am an academic researcher who has A.D.H.D., and @Voice has been amazingly helpful to me. (...) In my case, ADHD manifests with challenges in concentration and focus. When I read on the page, I frequently find myself having to re-read sentences, paragraphs or whole passages upon realizing that I had "zoned out" while reading. (...) these problems are resolved when I use @Voice to "read" written work. The TTS format keeps me on track, because even if I get distracted while listening, the speech continues and I am able to quickly return to the author's overall train of thought. And, thanks to the intuitive interface of @voice aloud (especially the highlighting function) it is easy to back-track if needed. (...) So, @voice has truly improved my life and prospects. I estimate that your app allows me to read about 10-12 times more than I have otherwise have been able to read, and has definitely improved my ability to edit my own work. "
* Open text, PDF, DOC, DOCX, RTF, OpenOffice documents or HTML files from Android file system for reading aloud.
* Click "Share" or "Send by Email" button / menu item to send text to @Voice Aloud Reader for aloud reading or speakers.
* When sharing web pages to @Voice, their menus, navigation, ads, other junk are removed, leaving clean text to read or listen.
* If "Share" is not available, copy text in another app and paste it into @Voice for aloud reading.
* Save articles opened in @Voice to files for later listening. Construct listening lists of many articles for uninterrupted listening one after the other. Order the list as needed, e.g. more important articles first.
* Option to instantly read aloud text to clipboard.
* Read ebooks on screen with their original formatting, images shown, turn pages or read continuously. Or put headphones, turn off screen and listen!
* Handles Chinese and Japanese vertical text under Android 4.4 and higher, or switch it to horizontal mode if preferred.
* Easily add saved Pocket articles to @Voice reading list - in Read List screen, Press Menu - Add articles from Pocket, then read on screen or listen being read aloud.
* Record spoken articles to sound files - WAV (uncompressed) or OGG (compressed) formats supported.
* Long-press word and / or select a longer phrase to dictionaries, translations, Wikipedia, Web search and more.
* Speech correction for TTS, optionally using Regular Expressions (RegEx)
* Desktop / laptop Google Chrome browser extension to add articles to @Voice reading list with one click.
* Easy control speech generator volume, pitch and rate of speech.
* Pause / Bluetooth headset buttons, plus click Next to previous post on list.
* Auto-recognize the language to use TTS voice, if available, or set your preferred voices manually with the "Select language" menu item.
* Wired headset plug inserted / removed when a new article is started.
* Optional sleep timer to stop speech after a given timeout.
* Now compatible with Smart Headset Assistant Download